In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we are forming pastors and church leaders for the North American Lutheran Church who will faithfully preach, teach, and live God’s eternal truth, through Word and Sacrament, proclaiming Christ’s cross and resurrection, making disciples who will renew and grow the church in Christ’s name.
As we live out our Mission and Vision, shaping competent and capable leaders for the NALC, we are called to:
- Take delight in our studies of Holy Scripture, Lutheran Confessions, and all the academic disciplines provided within the seminary’s curriculum.
- Live out the trust we have in God through a life of daily prayer, regular reception of the Holy Sacrament, and attentive listening to the preaching of his Word.
- Listen to the cries of God’s people so that we may witness with compassion, openness, and strength.
- Give thanks to God for his unending love for us, seeking his will in all things.
- Sing the faith that is in us.
- Prepare ourselves in the classroom, in the church, and in the world, to be pastors, teachers, evangelists, and catechists—servants who minister in Christ’s name, vessels of his mercy.
As students, faculty, and staff we seek to live out the reign of God together, proclaiming his lordship and his desire for all people to know his eternal love for them.