Interim Director of Partnerships and Recruitment, NALS
Adjunct Professor of Theology, NALS
PhD, Yale University
MA, Fuller Theological Seminary
MS, California Institute of Technology
BS, Wheaton College
- Doctrine of creation
- Catechetical theology
- Ecumenical theology and global mission
- Theology of worship
- Theology and violence
- Theology and science
- “The Multifaceted Presence of Christ According to Sacrosanctum Concilium” Lutheran Forum 48 (Summer 2014), 25–28.
- “Self-Denial and Its Discontents: Toward Clarification of the Intrapersonal Conflict Between ‘Selfishness’ and ‘Altruism’ ”Evolution, Games, and God: The Principle of Cooperation, ed. M. A. Nowak and S. Coakley (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2013), 186–197.
- “The Spirit and the Church” (with Miroslav Volf) Advents of the Spirit: An Introduction to the Current Study of Pneumatology, ed. B. E. Hinze and D. L. Dabney (Milwaukee: Marquette University Press, 2001), 382–409.
- “Evolution and Epiphany: Language in Biological and Theological Perspective” Journal of Faith and Science Exchange 3 (1999), 37–54.
- Review of H. David Baer, Recovering Christian Realism: Just War Theory as a Political Ethic Lutheran Quarterly 30 (2016), 76–78.
- “Irreducibly Embodied” — review of James K. A. Smith, Imagining the Kingdom (with Jesse Covington, Sarah Skripsky, and Lesa Stern) Books and Culture (January–February 2014), 25–27.